Roles and Responsibilities
Job Purpose & Scope
- Leading Warehouse Solution Design, Modernization, Capacity Planning, Space Optimization, Cost Optimization, Inventory Management and Process Improvements in Logistics.
- Coordination with SCM Team to ensure stock availability at PAN India Warehouses.
Major Areas of Responsibilities & Authorities
1. Warehouse Modernization and Optimization
- a) Sharing of Data Points with respect to inward/outward transactions & inventory snapshot to 3PL partners for assessment.
- b) To handhold understanding on business operations for Data Analytics.
- c) To seek End-to-End solutions towards cost optimization
- 2. Warehouse Consolidation and Upgradation
- a) To assess & perform feasibility study of change in Distribution Network as per TOC & its impact on cost savings.
- b) To assess potential cost savings on account of –
- i. Rent
- ii. Manpower (Staff / Labor / Security Guard)
- iii. Transportation
- iv. Inventory Carrying Cost
- 3. Warehouse Budget and Control
- a) Warehouse Space Utilization Dashboard – Capacity (CFT) Vs Actual Inventory (CFT)
- b) Space and Budget Planning for Seasonal Products
- c) Ensure availability of infra-structural requirements (HPTs, Pallets, Office equipment’s, etc.) for un-interrupted operations
- d) Annual Rental & Operational Expenses Budget Vs Actuals - PAN India Tracker
- 4. Warehousing Efficiencies and Inventory Management
- a) Monitor & ensure 100% BPR Efficiency at Central Warehouse / Regional Distribution Center / Branch Warehouse on daily basis
- b) Ensure availability at Warehouses as per norms defined under TOC setup else escalate issue to SCM team (Weekly review on stock availability & stock-outs).
- 5. Benchmarks as per Industry Standards
- a) To setup a Warehouse Checklist incorporating various Safety & Hygiene Measures to be followed and alignment with Insurance Policy coverage
- b) To setup Vendor Performance Evaluation Matrix mentioning key performance indicators (KPIs) & measurement criteria for Ranking & impose relevant Penalties as Corrective Action
- 6. Management of Bad Inventory
- a) Ensure liquidation as per monthly targets set out in “Inventory Review” meetings
- b) Ensure list of liquidation stocks (Category-wise) is published to required stake holders for disposal purpose
- 7. Review Mechanism
- a) To conduct weekly Zonal Logistic Manager review, to track & maintain minimum level of Material In transit (MIT) & Order Cancellation, if any. Also, ensuring the adherence to achieve SLAs.
- b) To facilitate monthly S&OP meeting to review business and accordingly provide necessary logistic support.
- 8. IT Developments, Roll Out and Training
- a) Be a part of core team member for in-house development, e.g. WMS, TMS, New Module as per Business Requirement, etc.
- b) Provide for all necessary data / inputs required for development such as Item dimensions, Stacking norms, etc.
- c) Undertake User Acceptance Test (UAT) for each module developed
- d) Co-ordinate with IT Infra team to ensure the desired architecture is up and running for uninterrupted operations
- e) Organize training to Users through IT team
- f) Prepare action plan for modules to go-live as per timelines
- g) Act as SPOC between IT and Logistics for troubleshooting / continuous development of modules developed
Desired Candidate Profile
Qualification: Indicate necessary qualification
Essential: Degree in Engineering in Mechanical
Desirable: MBA Operations
Handled project related to Warehousing Modernization / Logistics Network Optimization in Consumer Durable Industry
Desirable: Exposure to Consumer Durable Industry
Skilled Data Analytics
Ability to understand Business Process in detail
Salary: 10,00,000 - 12,00,000 P.A.
Functional Area:Purchase / Logistics / Supply Chain
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
UG:B.Tech/B.E. in Mechanical
PG:PG Diploma in Mechanical,MBA/PGDM
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
Talent Leads HR Solutions Pvt Ltd